This policy (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our view and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018, the data controller is Dion Salvador Lloyd (trading as Skylight Arts Ltd) (company number 09302681). Our registered office is at 18 Goldstone Villas, Hove, East Sussex, BN3 3RQ.
Dion Salvador Lloyd (trading as Skylight Arts Ltd) is committed to ensuring that your privacy is respected and protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What we collect
If you either buy an artwork, subscribe online, sign up at Open House, express an interest or speak to us, we may collect the following:
- Any personal information you knowingly provide to us through forms, visitors book and our email such as name, job title (where relevant), address, email, telephone number(s)
- Other information relevant to new artworks, exhibitions and events
- Relevant information such as preferences and feedback
- If you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence
- We may ask you for information when reporting a problem with our website
- Your IP address, operating system and browser type are recorded by our web server This is statistical data about our users browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual
- We may obtain information about your general usage of our website using cookie files which are stored on the hard drive of your computer or device. These are placed on your computer or device and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org
- Payment data is required when purchasing prints and is processed via Stripe and not by Dion Salvador Lloyd (trading as Skylight Arts Ltd).
What we do with the information we gather
We may collect and process this information about you:
- For internal record keeping
- To communicate with you – to periodically send News from the Studio/newsletter emails about Dion Salvador Lloyd (trading as Skylight Arts Ltd) about new artworks, special offers, exhibitions and events or other information which we think you may find interesting and relevant using the email address you have provided.
- To send postal invitations and newsletters
- For administrative purposes
- For fulfilment of a delivery
- To improve our products and services
- Very occasionally, for market research purposes – if we do, we may contact you by email, phone or mail.
Third parties will not be able to use your personal information for their own purposes.
Controlling your personal information
Dion Salvador Lloyd (trading as Skylight Arts Ltd) recognises and acts on the eight rights individuals have around their data.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com or by clicking the unsubscribe link at the foot of our News from the Studio/newsletters, and your details will be removed from our database.
We keep your personal data no longer than reasonably necessary. If you have purchased an artwork we will retain this information for our internal records.
All personal information will be treated as strictly confidential. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedure and security features to try and prevent unauthorised access.
Links to other websites
If you believe that any information is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us at the above address or email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.